***Counselor must be certified through your local Arch (Diocesan) Catholic Committee on Scouting (DCCS) and have a Session Code (can be obtained through your local DCCS) BEFORE purchasing.***
This provides the Counselor with access to the electronic workbooks (e-AAD manuals) of the Scouts in the Counselor’s Ad Altare Dei group.
The Counselor will be able to do the following:
- Provide a message for all Scouts in the group to see when they log in to their workbook.
- Enter start and end dates in the system for each Chapter. The dates will be visible to Scouts for each requirement in a chapter.
- Allow the Counselor to receive answers to requirements as submitted by the Scout and allow the Counselor to respond to the answers.
- Create and view progress reports for an individual Scout or the entire group.
“Ad Altare Dei” (To the Altar of God) program is to help the Catholic Scouts of the Roman Rite develop a fully Christian way of life in the faith community. The program is organized in chapters based on the seven Sacraments.
- The Ad Altare Dei Youth Manual – Electronic Version (e-AAD) and the Electronic Version for Counselors are tools that can be used instead of the Scout using the “hard copy” Ad Altare Dei Youth Manual.
- The use of these workbooks is not intended to replace group meetings and discussions but is an alternative method for counselors and scouts to use to record and check answers.
- The e-AAD is not the only option available. A Counselor can choose whether to use the Ad Altare Dei Youth Manual (hard copy Printed Version)OR the Ad Altare Dei Youth Manual – Electronic Version (e-AAD) for the format in the group.
- With either program, the Counselor must have the Ad Altare Dei Counselor Guide, a hard copy, printed manual that provides tips on how to work with youth in a group setting and provides insights into teaching the curriculum in each chapter. The Intent to Begin form is also in the Guide and must be completed and submitted as is the policy in your diocese.
- This Ad Altare Dei Counselor Guide can be purchased together with the Electronic Version for Counselors in the “Counselor Package”.
It may prove helpful for the Counselor to purchase the Ad Altare Dei Youth Manual (hard copy Printed Version) as a resource to use to record answers, discussion points and to have in case the Internet is unavailable during a class meeting. These are available a la carte in the “Religious Emblems Manuals and Workbooks” section of the Store.